Coconut Key Lime Pie Coolers
Coconut Key Lime Pie Coolers! The combination tart and creamy will have you reaching for sip of this tasty coconut lime drink and remind you of sweet and smooth key lime pie with an extra tropical twist.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice or key lime juice
- ⅓ cup tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 2 cups sparkling water lime flavored, coconut flavored or plain
- 2 tablespoons honey or simple syrup
- ¼ cup crushed graham crackers
Make Simple Syrup
In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugars to a simmer over medium-high heat. Boil for about a minute until the sugars are completely dissolved.
Add the lime peel and allow to steep as it cools, about 10 minutes.
Discard the lime peel and set aside.
Pour honey or simple syrup onto a small plate. Place the graham cracker crumbs onto another small plate.
Dip the rim of each glass first into the honey or syrup, allowing any excess to drip off, then into graham cracker crumbs.
Fill each glass with ice and set aside.
Make Coconut Lime Drink
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the fresh lime juice, coconut milk, and cooled sugar syrup. Secure the cocktail shaker top and shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds.
Strain into glasses, filling each about half way.
Top each with about ½ cup sparkling water (or more) and stir with a drink stirrer to combine.
Garnish with a lime twist, if desired.
- Add vanilla extract or a knob of fresh ginger to the simple syrup for a flavorful addition.
- Replace the sparkling water with ginger beer (Fever Tree is my favorite) for a spicy bite.
- Add a shot of your favorite liquor to make it a cocktail. Coconut rum, plain rum or tequila are all good choices!
- Gluten-Free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free if you use gluten-free graham crackers for the rim.
- Vegan: Use date syrup or simple syrup and vegan graham crackers to rim the glasses for a vegan-friendly version.