Roasted Broccoli & Feta Quinoa
Roasted Broccoli & Feta Quinoa! This easy & healthful recipe is so versatile — serve hot or at room temperature as a salad, side dish or add a protein and enjoy it as a main dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 or 2 tablespoons extra for roasting broccoli
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic grated or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or your favorite herbs
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking pan by lining with foil. Place broccoli florets on pan and drizzle with about a tablespoon or two of olive oil, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how toasty you like your broccoli.
Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette by whisking together 1/4 cup olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, and herbs. Set aside.
When broccoli is finished roasting, remove from baking sheet and place in a medium bowl. Add cooked quinoa and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and fold ingredients together gently until well combined. Sprinkle with extra feta or fresh herbs before serving, if desired.
Serve warm or at room temperature.