Grilled Chicken Wraps with Peach-Ginger Chutney
Grilled Chicken Wraps with Peach-Ginger Chutney! Smoky, grilled chicken pairs perfectly with an easy-to-make, ginger-infused peach chutney. This chicken wrap recipe is ideal for summer grilling days, but also makes a fabulous packed lunch.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 2 peaches peeled, pits removed
- 1 piece of fresh ginger about 1 inch in length
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season chicken with ground chipotle powder and sea salt. Set aside.
When the grill or grill pan is hot, place chicken on the grates and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through (to a temperature of 165°F) and the juiced run clear.
Remove from grill and place onto a plate or cutting board tented with a piece of foil to rest.
Once cooled, chop or slice the grilled chicken into pieces. Set aside until ready to make wraps.
Lay out wraps and distribute greens and tomato evenly between the four wraps. Place grilled, chopped chicken thigh onto each wrap and top with a heaping tablespoon of chutney.
Carefully tuck in the sides of the wrap, then fold over and wrap tightly to secure the contents of each wrap. Place seam-side down and secure with a toothpick with desired, or cut in half to serve.
Place peaches, ginger, shallot, sea salt, pepper and thyme in a small saucepan with about 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat.
Cover and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until the peaches have released their liquid and are very soft.
Remove from heat and take out the large pieces of ginger and the stem from the thyme. Use a fork to mash the mixture to desired consistency. Set aside.
Lay out the wraps and place greens and tomato slices down the center of each wrap, leaving about 1-2 inches of room at the ends for folding. Spoon a few tablespoons of chutney onto each wrap. Top with grilled chicken slices.
Flip the wrap so that the ingredients are facing you horizontally. Carefully fold over the ends of the wrap over the ingredients, then fold the top of the wrap down over the fillings and roll down toward you to complete the wrap and secure the contents.
Place seam-side down and secure with a toothpick with desired, or cut in half to serve.
If you don't have:
- Fresh peaches -- feel free to use frozen.
- Fresh ginger -- use a store-bought ginger paste that can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores.
- Fresh thyme -- use dried thyme (about ¼ teaspoon).
- Try with a different type of chutney such as one of these 6 easy chutney recipes.
- Season chicken with other spice blends to try out new flavor combinations.
- Add your favorite veggies such as shredded carrots or purple cabbage for extra color and texture.
- Short on time? Skip the chutney and try a flavored aioli or sauce instead.
- Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free wrap such as almond flour or cassava wraps.
- Vegetarian or Vegan: Use a plant-based chicken substitute, a grilled portobello mushroom or grilled tofu.