Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad! A healthful and flavorful quinoa salad recipe that comes together quickly, this dish is perfect for hitting the reset button without sacrificing satisfaction!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups zucchini diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced or quartered
- ⅓ cup pepperoncini or hot sweet peppers chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove minced or grated
In a small pot, combine dry quinoa and water over high heat. Place the lid on the pot. Bring to a boil and allow to bubble for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes.
Once most of the water is absorbed, stir, then replace lid and allow to steam on warm burner (you can turn it off) for another 3-5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then set aside to cool.
Assemble Quinoa Salad
In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, chopped veggies and cheese. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss to combine.
Serve warm, at room temperature or cold from the fridge.