Sausage Reuben Puffs
Filled with the flavors of a Reuben sandwich -- sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, & Russian dressing -- these savory puff pastry appetizers make a party-perfect bite for any occasion.
Servings: 12 puffs
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry thawed
- 1 14.5 ounce can Libby's Crispy Sauerkraut well-drained (see notes)
- ¼ cup Russian dressing
- 1 cup vegan sausage crumbles
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese divided
On a lightly floured surface, roll or press out one sheet of puff pastry to into a 9x12 inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into twelve 3x3 inch pieces.
Gently press each piece into the well of a muffin tin; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the drained sauerkraut with Russian dressing, crumbled sausage and ¼ cup of shredded cheese. Mix until well-combined.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Scoop the filling by the heaping tablespoon into each of the puff pastry cups. You may have a small amount left over.
Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each cup with a pinch of reserved shredded cheese. Return to oven for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted and the cups are puffed and golden.
Cool slightly, then carefully remove from muffin tin and serve warm.
- To drain the sauerkraut, place sauerkraut in the center of a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture or place in a fine-mesh sieve and gently press down to drain liquid.