Bacon & Refried Bean Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers -- stuffed with refried beans and wrapped in bacon! Fresh jalapenos are loaded a cheesy refried bean filling, wrapped in bacon & air fried in this easy appetizer! Served with a variety of dipping sauces, these will become a staple for any celebration!
Servings: 12 poppers
- 6 jalapeno peppers halved and seeded
- 1¼ cups Isadora Refried Beans
- ⅓ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese or your preferred cheese
- 4 slices Kentucky Legend Bacon cut into thirds
Cut jalapeno peppers lengthwise, removing seeds. (See notes) Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together refried beans and grated cheese until combined.
Using a spoon or (or a zip top bag with the tip snipped to create a piping bag), fill each pepper half with the bean and cheese mixture.
Wrap each filled jalapeno pepper with ⅓ of a strip of bacon.
Place the bacon-wrapped jalapenos seam side down in the basket of an air fryer.
Air fry at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked and crisp.
Allow to cool slightly before removing from air fryer-- they will be soft and hard to handle. Serve warm with a variety of dipping sauces.
Note: You can tame the heat of the jalapeno peppers, by also scraping out the white pith/ribs where the majority of the heat resides.
- Add veggies. Mix sautéed onion, corn or even chopped green chiles into the refried bean mixture to add texture and extra flavor.
- Add spices. A sprinkle of taco seasoning mixed into the filling can give extra depth to these bites.
- Beat the heat. If you don't care for spicy foods or are looking to make a more kid-friendly appetizer, stuff the refried bean mixture into colorful mini peppers! They have all the flavor and crunch and none of the heat.