Easy Pasta Cups
Easy Pasta Cups! Cooked pasta is tossed with your favorite sauce, veggies and cheese and baked into perfectly portioned bites that are great for an easy weeknight dinner or for grabbing on-the-go!
Servings: 12 pasta cups
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup La Famiglia DelGrosso pasta sauce choose your favorite
- 2 cups spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozarella or Italian blend cheese plus extra for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium pot, cook desired pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
Add the sauce, finely chopped spinach (or vegetable of choice) and cheese. Stir until well-combined.
Scoop the mixture into the oiled muffin pan wells, pressing down slightly.
Bake for about 25 minutes, then sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and continue to bake until the cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and allow the pasta cups to cool in the pan. This will help ensure that they hold their shape. Using a butter knife, cut around each pasta cup to loosen it from the cup, then scoop it out with a spoon to remove.
- Try different vegetable & sauce combinations such as alfredo with broccoli, vodka sauce and spinach, or marinara and shredded zucchini.
- Add protein to your cups by mixing in chopped, cooked chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Brown about 1.5 cups of sausage to add to the mixture before baking for a meaty version.
- Add chopped artichoke hearts, olives, roasted red peppers or sundried tomatoes.
- Use lentil pasta or chickpea pasta for a nutritious boost.
- Gluten-free: Use your favorite gluten-free pasta instead of regular pasta.
- Vegetarian: Use plant-based cheese shreds instead of regular cheese.