Boursin Mashed Potatoes
Boursin Mashed Potatoes! The easiest way to make flavorful, fluffy mashed potatoes! Boursin cheese adds mouthwatering flavor to this classic holiday dish.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 5.2 ounce package Garlic & Herb Boursin
- ¼ cup milk warmed
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add cubed potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Drain potatoes and add them back to the pot.
Add Boursin cheese and the milk.
Using a hand mixer or a potato masher, mash until the mixture is smooth and the cheese and milk are incorporated.
Scoop into a serving dish. Serve hot.
Dietary Specific Substitutions
- Use a different variety of Boursin such as Caramelized Onion & Herb or Shallot & Chive.
- Use Yukon Gold or even Red Skin potatoes in place of russet. (You will need about 8 cups of cubed potatoes.)
- Add steamed cauliflower to the mix to lighten up the mash. Make sure that the cauliflower is well-drained, then pulse in a food processor until smooth, and add it to the potato mixture to combine along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Finish off the mashed potatoes with a crisped up bacon or pancetta before serving.
- Vegan or Dairy-Free: Boursin actually makes a dairy-free version! Simply use this variety and use plant-based milk or no milk at all for a vegan-friendly side dish. If you can't find dairy-free Boursin, try substituting with a dairy-free herbed cream cheese such as Kite Hill.