Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip! This quick, festive appetizer recipe made with fresh cranberries and spicy jalapeno peppers served over rich cream cheese will certainly add a kick to your holiday parties!
- 1 12 ounce bag of cranberries rinsed and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds and ribs removed if desired
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese
Place fresh cranberries, roughly chopped jalapeno peppers, scallions, sugar and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is chopped but still has texture -- think restaurant salsa. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container with a lid or a bowl covered in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt and shredded Asiago cheese.
Spread the cream cheese mixture in a serving dish and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you're ready to serve the Cranberry Jalapeno Dip, uncover the cream cheese mixture and spoon the cranberry jalapeno relish over the top. (You can strain or pour off the excess liquid or simply use a slotted spoon to scoop the mixture on top.)
Serve with various crackers such as butter crackers, Townhouse crackers, pretzel thins or Triscuits.
Make the cranberry jalapeno mixture and cream cheese mixture as directed, but store separately in air-tight containers in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, drain off or strain any excess liquid before spooning the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
You can also make a creamy dip by combining all of the ingredients in the food processor instead of layering them!
Diet Specific Substitutions
- Add ¼ cup cilantro to cranberry mixture.
- Toss in ½ cup shredded apple for extra crunch.
- Give things a zesty kick by adding a teaspoon of lime or orange zest.
- Replace half of the sugar for honey.
- Dairy-Free or Vegan: Use your favorite plant-based cream cheese and plant based yogurt or sour cream in place of regular.