Honey-Dijon Chicken Quinoa Wraps with Apple Slaw
Honey-Dijon Chicken Quinoa Wraps with Apple Slaw! These nourishing, healthy chicken wraps are packed with quinoa, walnuts & a tart, crunchy apple slaw. A great make-ahead lunch or pack & go meal for picnics and busy days.
Servings: 2 wraps
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup shredded green apple tossed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice to prevent browning
For Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey and sea salt by whisking together in a small bowl or placing in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shaking until emulsified. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss the cooked, shredded chicken, cooked quinoa and chopped walnuts together.
Drizzle vinaigrette (as much or as little as you'd like) over the mixture and mix to coat.
Place a whole wheat wrap on a plate. Top each wrap with a bed of the arugula. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each wrap.
Top each wrap with the shredded apple mixture.
Carefully roll up the wraps and secure with a toothpick.
To Make Ahead: Assemble the wraps, then wrap them tightly in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Alternatively, the chicken mixture can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in advance, and the wraps can be fully assembled just before eating.
- Asian-Inspired Healthy Chicken Wrap: Use spinach instead of arugula, cabbage slaw for shredded apple, and peanuts or sliced almonds for walnuts. Toss with a soy-sesame vinaigrette.
- Greek-Inspired Healthy Chicken Wrap: Use spinach instead of arugula, shredded cucumber for shredded apple, and add chickpeas and feta. Toss with Greek vinaigrette.
- Mexican-Inspired Healthy Chicken Wrap: Use mixed greens or spinach instead of arugula, pico de gallo instead of shredded apple and add black or pinto beans. Toss with cumin or cilantro vinaigrette.
- Vegan: Use plant-based chicken substitute instead of regular chicken.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free wraps or a collard leaf wrap in place of regular wraps.
- Nut-Free: Omit walnuts.