Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins! These petite meatloaves are baked in a muffin tin, resulting in perfectly portioned servings that are great for packing as part of a lunch or serving to kids!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 cup finely shredded yellow squash or zucchini liquid squeezed out
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup ketchup or favorite sauce
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin by oiling or spraying with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine turkey meat, shredded squash, onion, garlic powder and salt. Mix, until thoroughly combined, but try not to overmix.
Scoop turkey mixture into each sprayed muffin well. Slightly flatten the tops, but don't mush it down too hard.
Top each mini meatloaf with about a teaspoon of ketchup. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the meat is totally cooked through.
Remove from oven when cooked through and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. (Pour out excess liquid if desired.)
Serve hot with extra ketchup for dipping.
- Add a teaspoon of different seasoning blends in place of garlic powder. For example, try taco seasoning, Greek seasoning or a Cajun spice blend for different flavor profiles.
- Add cheese! Cheese makes everything better, if you ask me. Try ½ cup of your favorite shredded cheese blend or mix in a grated or crumbled cheese like feta or Parmesan.
- Top with different sauces to change things up. Try jarred marinara, barbecue sauce or enchilada sauce.
Vegan: Use your favorite plant-based ground in place of turkey meat.