So go ahead and brace yourself for the heat with an icy lemonade or a cold beer — these bites are worth a little sweat!
Classic Chicken Sliders
- 21 oz. bottle KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Tyson® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 package dinner/slider rolls
- 1½ teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 16 ounces dill pickle chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Halve each chicken thigh to make small for sliders. Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Liberally apply to both sides of cutlets.
- Place pickles in a bowl, keeping the jar and discarding the juice. Add sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic. Stir and let stand until the sugar dissolves. Place the mixture back into the jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Build a charcoal fire with Kingsford® charcoal for direct grilling. Grill chicken directly over the hot coals for 2-3 minutes per side (or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the center of the chicken is no longer pink).
- In a small saucepan, heat the KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce until warm, about 5-10 minutes. Remove cutlets from the grill and dip them in the sauce. Assemble sliders by slicing dinner rolls, placing chicken on roll and topping with pickles. Spear with a toothpick and serve.