Florida Gators game day recipes and cocktails! These appetizers, sweet treats & drinks are perfect for a Gators Tailgate!
As University of Florida alumni, my husband and I are no strangers to the wonders of the Florida Tailgate. We met in college while attending Florida and have continued to enjoy celebrating our alma mater every football season, year after year!
From setting up our tailgating tent on campus, to cheering on our players during the Gator Walk, we have fully immersed ourselves in the game day culture in Gainesville.
Florida Football Facts
Let’s get to know a little more about the Florida Gators:
- Location: The University of Florida is located in Gainesville, Florida
- Stadium: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp)
- Mascot: Albert and Alberta Gator
- Team Colors: Orange and Blue
- Team Saying or Chant: "Go Gators!"
- Marching Band: The Pride of the Sunshine
- Fight Song: "The Orange and Blue"
Florida Tailgate Food
Tailgating at the University of Florida is sure to be a good time, but we know that the food and drink selections can make or break the party.
These Florida-inspired cocktails, appetizers and desserts are guaranteed to wow the crowd and keep everyone fueled for game day fun!
- Cocktails: Citrus Rum Punch & Swamp Water Cocktail
- Appetizers: Orange Glazed Chicken Wings & Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- Desserts: Key Lime Pie Truffles & Alligator Cupcakes
Game Day Essentials
A Florida tailgate isn't complete without some team gear! Show your Gator spirit with these handpicked orange and blue accessories from my Amazon team shop page!
No matter what team you're rooting for, you'll need the fundamentals such as tailgate chairs, tables, grills, speakers and accessories. I've compiled some of the best-rated tailgate essentials in my Football Season shop page, so make sure to check those out as well!
More Team Themed Tailgate Recipes
Curious to see how other team tailgates measure up to Florida? Check out my other Tailgate Thursday posts!