Dill Pickle Dip! Pickle lovers rejoice! This easy, creamy dip is loaded with bits of dill pickle and lots of flavor! A great dip for crackers, chips or raw veggies.
Note: This recipe was originally posted on May 12, 2014 and updated on June 27, 2021.
If you love pickles as much as I do, then I have the perfect recipe for you: Dill Pickle Dip!
This recipe has been on the blog since 2014 when I used it as a fun way to announce my pregnancy! It's a pickle-packed treat that is delicious for anyone who enjoys pickles or dill -- not just a treat for those with a bun in the oven -- so I decided to give it a little update and bring it back from the archives.
This simple dip is easy to make with just a few ingredients, making it an ideal snack to whip up for parties or last minute gatherings.
- Dill pickles. What would dill pickle dip be without this essential ingredient?! Although, feel free to swap out dill pickles for your favorite kind - spicy, bread & butter or sweet!
- Cream cheese. This classic dip base is so versatile and delicious. The key to getting a super smooth dip is to let the cream cheese come to room temperature so that it blends easily with the other ingredients. Use vegan cream cheese to make a dairy-free or vegan version.
- Onion. Onion adds a nice flavor to this dip without being too overpowering. To avoid crunching into pieces of raw onion, I like to use a box grater or even microplane to finely grate the onion.
- Garlic Powder. Another flavor booster, garlic adds a delicious savory punch. Fresh garlic works, too.
- Dill. Fresh or dried dill both work equally well here. Typically, I suggest using half the amount of dry herbs as fresh as it tends to be more potent.
Making Dill Pickle Dip is truly a breeze. Just place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and blend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer if desired until fully combined.
The flavor of this dip improves when it is chilled in the refrigerator before serving, but if you're feeling impatient to dig in, it can be eaten right away.
I like to serve this dip with buttery round crackers, potato chips or raw veggies like cucumbers and bell peppers. You can also use it as a spread in sandwiches, wraps or on top of burgers!
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite kind of pickle and see which version you like best.
Yes, just swap out the cream cheese with your preferred vegan or dairy-free cream cheese.
This dip is somewhere between a spread and a dip, making it a good option for spreading on crackers. If you'd like it to be a bit thinner, you can add a tablespoon at a time of pickle juice from the jar until the desired consistency is reached, or add about ¼ cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt to the mixture.
You can really use any kind of pickle for this recipe, but my favorite are refrigerated dill pickles like Claussen or any high quality brand that doesn't use food coloring. Who wants their pickles infused with Yellow #5??
More Dip Recipes
If you're looking for more easy dip recipes to enjoy, check out these recipes that are great for entertaining or anytime snacking!
Dill Pickle Dip
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese room temperature
- 1¼ cups dill pickles finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion grated or finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste if needed
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix until well-combined and smooth using a hand mixer. (A stand mixer works well, too!)
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours to chill and allow flavors to marry.
- Serve with crackers, chips or raw vegetables.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature to make combining ingredients easy.
- Chilling the mixture will allow the ingredients to marry and improve the flavor, but if you're impatient to snack, feel free to dig in right away.